Just a few things:
Thanks to everyone who came to help at the Parking Lot Clean-up on yesterday. I especially want to thank those students and parents that remained, even working multiple sites, until the job was completed. We have seen the worst of it. Please know that were we to not have this source of revenue, the adverse effects on our program would be dramatic.
1) The music auxiliary car wash is scheduled for Saturday, September 24. I have spoken to students about this, and passed our pledge forms. Simply put, we are asking that each student turn in at least one pledge. Students are asked to help wash cars and a sign-up sheet with shifts will be posted. Parents are also encouraged to participate, and parents may go to http://www.iowamusicauxiliary.org and click on the Sign Up Genius link. Our work site is the North Dodge HyVee.
2) Students planning to audition for jazz bands should already have materials and information from Mr. Arp. If not, please see him immediately. Auditions will take place on Sept. 20 & 21.
3) All students auditioning for all-state must play a check-up for Dr. M this week. EVERYONE MUST PLAY. DON’T PLAY, DON’T GO. Sign up on the bulletin board for a time.
4) Parent t-shirts can be picked up from Mrs. Mahaffa starting tomorrow. She is out ill today.
5) The preliminary schedule for the Bands Across The Prairie marching contest on Saturday, October 1 (grades 10-12 only) is:
12:30pm –Arrive/load trailer/get dressed
1:00pm –Depart City High
3:10pm –Load buses, depart
4:00pm –Arrive at city
That’s all for now,