This week in City High Bandland:
1) Once again band apparel is for sale. The attached forms show the items that are for sale this year. Each of the items will have the City High Band logo, and come in sizes and colors listed. We would like to have all of the items by senior night, Friday, October 14. In order for this to happen, we ask that the order forms be returned by tomorrow, Tuesday, September, 27. You can bring checks to Mr. Arp or Dr. McReynolds.
2) For students in grades 10-12 and those playing in the upper class marching band. There will be a special, early rehearsal on Thursday, September 29 at 7:45am. This is very important rehearsal, that must start on time with everyone in attendance, as we prepare for Saturday’s contest.
3) The University of Iowa Homecoming parade is this Friday, September 30. ALL students are to remain afterschool, and get dressed and transported via bus to the parade site. The parade is scheduled to step off at 5:45pm. Students involved in after school sports practices should arrange to get to the parade site, in uniform, in time for step off.
4) The schedule for the Band Across the Prairie contest (grades 10-12 only) is as follows:
12:30pm –Arrive/load trailer/get dressed
1:00pm –Depart City High
3:10pm –Load buses, depart
4:00pm –Arrive at city
5) Parking lot clean-up on Sunday, October 2. 7:00am same location. We need lots of help, both students and parents.
That’s all for now,