News from City High Bandland:
1) Our game on this Friday, October 14, is senior recognition night. Senior parents please plan to attend this game. I have attached an information sheet with a form that must be returned to me by Thursday, October 13. This is also our costume half-time show, with Freshmen joining with the upperclassmen for this performance. Costumes are optional, but if your child does wear a costume please remember that it must be appropriate. This means that the costume provides full body coverage, it is not offensive or inappropriate in any way; no inappropriate language, design, etc. I will be checking each student prior to entry on the field. If any costume is deemed inappropriate, your child will not participate in the half-time performance. Following half-time, all students will move to the cafeteria for the end-of-season pizza party and dance. THIS EVENT IS FOR CURRENT BAND MEMBERS ONLY, NO GUESTS!! We should conclude about 10:00pm.
2) Reminder that all wind ensemble students must perform a chair audition this week. There are sign-up slots available on Wednesday-Friday. Everyone in wind ensemble must audition.
3) Our annual Bates Field Follies indoor show will be Monday, October 17. The Freshman Concert Band will present a brief concert, followed by our indoor marching show.
4) Band photos will be taken on Monday, October 17 prior to the Bates Field Follies Show. Halverson Photography will start with individual photos beginning at 6:30, followed by the full band photo at 6:50pm in the large gym. I will send home a purchase brochure later this week.
5) Reminder that the Orlando commitment deposit is due on next Monday, October 17. I have attached a form that should be returned with your deposit.
6) All-state auditions will be held on Saturday, October 22 in Washington. I will have an audition schedule ready by Thursday of this week. Remember that no photocopies of any music is allowed. Make certain you have published originals of all music and books.
7) Beginning with our next parking lot clean-up, all proceeds will be divided equally amongst all students who have participated in more than four clean-ups. This is a great way to get funds for the trip. We will also have our annual fruit/cheese/candy sale beginning in November. This is an additional way for students to raise funds for the Orlando trip.
That’s all for now,