Last night went very well, and I hope parents were able to see the show. Thanks again to all seniors and their parents for support of our marching program over the last four years. Kudos also the student who dressed in costume last night; you not only were hilarious but followed guidelines and showed maturity in not pushing the envelope. Thanks.
1) Monday, Oct. 17 – Bates Field Follies. The show begins at 7:30pm in the large gym. Call time for freshmen is 6:15pm, and 6:30pm for upper classmen. Halvorson Photography will start taking individual photos at 6:30pm, and the group photo will be taken at 6:50pm. I have again attached the note regarding photos to this message, and I believe that payment for the photos is due at the time of the shoot. Freshmen Concert Band will begin the program is a short concert, and the Southeast 8th grade will also be participating.
2) Monday, Oct. 17 – Orlando Confirmation Deadline. Remember that for all students going to Orlando, and I hope it’s many, we need $100.00 turned in to Mrs. Mahaffa or permission to use existing funds for confirmation. The deposit is non-refundable as we make all reservations, pay deposits, etc. based on the students attending. I will send information later about chaperones.
3) Tuesday, Oct. 18 – Concert band season begins. All students need to have concert instruments and materials at rehearsals on that day.
4) Saturday, Oct. 22 – All-state auditions. I have attached an audition schedule to this message and posted it on the bulletin board. As in the past, we will provide bus transportation to and from Washington, but those that wish to travel with parents are allowed to. I must have a signed permission form (coming) with a detailed note telling travel plans. I will hold required check-ins for some, and optional for all, next week. A few reminders:
a) Auditionees must have published music; no photocopies, for everything being performed.
b) Students must not display anything that would allow judges to determine your name or school affiliation. This includes clothing, music, cases, etc.
c) Students must dress nicely. No jeans, gym shoes, flip-flops, etc. No need for dress or tie, but you must look nice.
d) All students must remain for recalls as necessary. Any student who fails to attend recalls when listed will not be accepted in the all-state ensembles.
e) On Saturday our bus will leave on-time, with or without you.
f) There is no set time for return following auditions. We will wait until all are completed and posted, this includes choir and orchestra students.
5) Sunday, Oct. 23 – Parking Lot Clean-up. Remember, starting next week the funds we receive from the clean-ups will be divided among those that have attended four or more clean-ups. This is a great way to add funds to your trip accounts.
6) The cheese/candy/sausage sale will kick off next week. For those going to Orlando, this sale is another great fund raising opportunity.
That’s all for now and see you on Monday,