Tonight is the Generations of Jazz concert in the Coralville Center for Performing Arts starting at 7pm. This concert will feature the Iowa City High Jazz Ensemble and is a FREE CONCERT. That's right, FREE! Hope to see many folks there!
Our annual Music Department fruit/candy/cheese sales are wrapping up this weekend. Students should return their order forms to Mary Mahaffa on Monday, November 9. Remember, collect money when you deliver the product. Further questions contact https://sites.google.com/a/iowacityschools.org/city-high-school-music-department/
Here is the schedule for Friday night, Oct. 16:
1) Call time for all band members is 5:30pm. As for all home football games, students will check out uniforms and get dressed.
2) Call time for senior parents is 6:45pm. You will meet at the southeast corner of Bates Field. Presentation of seniors will precede the band’s pre-game performance.
3) Band performs pre-game show as usual.
4) Following pre-game performance, ALL BAND MEMBERS WILL TURN IN UNIFORMS. Then, change in to costumes.
5) ALL BAND MEMBERS will perform the half-time show in costume if desired. Costumes are not required. All costumes, if worn, must be appropriate in every way. Body must be covered, no inappropriate words, symbols, pictures, etc. Any students wearing a costume deemed inappropriate will not participate in the half-time show.
6) Immediately following the half-time show, all students will move to the cafeteria for the annual dance and refreshments.
1. Friday, Oct. 9 – University of Iowa Homecoming Parade. Students should report at 4:00pm to get uniforms and load buses. Athletes should come to the band area immediately after school to get uniforms/instruments and take them to practice. They should then join us at the staging site by 5:45pm. Our staging location is the corner of Gilbert St. and Iowa Ave. Parade step-off time is 5:45pm. We are in full uniform. Immediately following the parade we will return, via bus, to City high. We will not march a pre-game show, so freshmen have no marching obligations for the game. Freshmen, then, upon return to our campus will turn in uniforms immediately. All students are invited to stay, as we will have dinner provided for all band students.
2. Saturday, Oct. 10 – State Marching Competition. This is for grades 10-12 only. Call time is 12:30pm to get dressed, load buses and leave for Kingston Stadium in Cedar Rapids. All band members must ride the buses to this event. Our performance time is 3:10pm, with pictures immediately following the show. We expect a return to City High by 5:00pm. Students may ride home with parents, but I must have a signed note to this effect. All students are responsible for the safe return of all uniform parts immediately upon our return to City high, even those that ride with parents.