Welcome to the City High Band Website!
1) Our next, and final, pep band date is this Friday, February 6. Call time will again be 6:30pm.
2) Our next concert is Wednesday, February 18. Call time for concert and symphony bands is 7:00pm, wind ensemble call time is 7:20pm. Please make certain that all band students have the correct concert attire. For concert and symphony bands, this is black dress pants (girls may wear ankle length skirt), white shirt/blouse. Guys must also have a long black tie, everyone black shoes/socks/hose. This is a required event for all band students.
3) Please mark your calendars for Saturday, March 28. This will be the second annual band trivia contest. This is a lot of fun, with all proceeds supporting the City High Band program. See the attached flyer for more details.
4) Start talking with private teachers now about solo/ensemble contest. We will again host our own contest on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 21 and 22 during band periods. We do not provide accompanists so you must contact/arrange for your own. Any student that wishes to be considered for participation in the Honor Recital must have an accompanist if called for in the score.
5) Jazz Showcase is February 14. Please get tickets early.
6) Our next B.A.C.H. meeting will be Wednesday, February 11. Please come out at 6:00pm in the band room.
1) Wind ensemble auditions for school year 2015-16 are next week, Wednesday and Friday. The sign-up sheet is up, students should have the etude to prepare. In addition to the etude, students will sight-read and play all major scales.
2) Our next pep band date is next Friday, January 30. Our call time will be 6:30pm. After that, February 6 is the next date, which will be our final pep band gig.
3) Remember that students are no longer allowed to remain in the band/music area after faculty are gone. All students that are not under the immediate supervision of a teacher are required to go the gym foyer to wait for rides. The band area is locked (practice rooms, rehearsal rooms, locker room) when I leave each day. Students in after school activities should stop in to the band area before going to the activity if they need materials from the band area.
Our next pep band date is Friday, January 9. This is the first Friday of our return, and is an important game as City High takes on West High. The schedule is for both girls and boys varsity teams to play on this night, so there will be a huge crowd. We need everyone who signed up for pep band to attend, as well as any others that would like to join us.
Saturday, January 10, is the date for SEIBA Honor Concert Band and Honor Jazz Band auditions in Fairfield. As usual, bus transportation will be provided both to and from Fairfield, thought students may travel with parents. I have attached the concert band audition schedule. Please be working very hard on all audition materials. This break should allow for extra practice time so make the most of it. The bus will leave City High at 7:30am and return following all auditions.
The next deposit for the Disney trip is Monday, January 12. The deposit, in the amount of $500.00, must be turned in to Mrs. Mahaffa on or before that date. For student account inquiries, please contact Mrs. Mahaffa directly at email@example.com.