1) Pep band "C" performs on Tuesday, January 9 and Friday, January
12. These are next week, immediately upon our return from break. Don't forget, and call time is 6:30pm. Looking ahead, pep
band "D" plays on Friday, January 19 and Tuesday, January 30.
2) Deposit for the St. Louis trip is due on Tuesday, January 16. This
deposit is non-refundable. Each student that wishes to participate must have $200.00 in their account by this date. Remember, the more the merrier.
3) Now is the time to start planning for solo/ensemble contest. Talk to private teachers for solos.
4) Our next band concert is Thursday, February 15.
This is for concert and symphony bands. Wind ensemble concert is Wednesday, March 7.
Congratulations to all of our band students who participated in the SEIBA honor ensembles auditions today in Fairfield. All were wonderful representatives of the City High and our band
program, and I am very proud of each of you.
Please offer special congratulations to those selected to the SEIBA Honor Bands:
Megan Bywater - flute
Lindsey Parrott - flute
James Lippe - bass clarinet
Justine Reschley-Krasowski - alto sax
Caleigh Stanier - alto sax
Nolan Vibhakar - alto sax
Noah Kabat - trumpet
Grace Parrott - trumpet
Rika Yahashiri - trumpet
Renee Thomas - horn
Joseph Bennett - trombone
Julia McReynolds - trumpet first alternate
Sophia Merulla - horn first alternate
Levi Pugh - piano
Kolbe Schnoebelen - trombone
I trust you are enjoying your break. Just a couple of things:
1) SEIBA. I will be in my office on tomorrow, Wednesday, to give help to those auditioning for SEIBA honor band. I have time slots 9-10, 10-11, 11-noon. Email me to sign up for a time. I will also have the same schedule for next Wednesday, January 3. Remember
that auditions are Saturday, January 6, all day with bus leaving at 7:15am. You must have
returned a permission slip to participate.
2) Pep band. Just a reminder that pep band "C" has its first performance on Tuesday, January 9. This
the Tuesday of our return with a call time of 6:30pm. Band "C" also
plays on Friday, January 12.
3) Lessons. The window for lesson 2 for this trimester will begin on Monday, January 8.
Remember, lessons are required/graded for everyone, either with a band director or private instructor.
4) St. Louis trip. The non-refundable deposit for the trip to St. Louis is due on Tuesday, January 16. Check
with Mrs. Mahaffa for account balances.