It's Concert Week May 2017!
May 1 -all Jazz Bands at 7:30pm
May 3 - all Bands at 7:30pm
Wind Ensemble, reminder Thursday, May 11 meet at City High at 6:00am
Concert band, reminder Saturday, May 6 meet at City High at 9:15am
Band Awards Ice Cream Social, Sunday, May 21 at 3:30pm
Jazz Lab and Jazz Ensemble Ped Mall Friday, May 26 at 8pm
City High Graduation, Carver Hawkeye Arena Sunday, May 28 1pm
SEIBA JAZZ FESTIVAL SATURDAY MARCH 4th
ALL GROUPS MEET IN THE WEST HIGH GYM DRESSED IN JAZZ ATTIRE
JAZZ WORKSHOP CALL TIME 10:45
JAZZ LAB CALL TIME 12:30
JAZZ ENSEMBLE CALL TIME 2:30
• YOU MUST FIND YOUR OWN WAY OVER TO WEST HIGH!
• TAKE YOUR INSTRUMENTS HOME FRIDAY AFTER CLASS!
• DON’T FORGET YOUR MUSIC!
• DON’T FORGET YOUR INSTRUMENT!
Jazz Showcase Performances are on Saturday February 4th with Guest Artist Mike Conrad!
All City High students play at both shows.
5pm and 8pm shows.
Rehearsals with Guest Artist Mike Conrad:
Jazz Ensemble -Feb 3rd at 4pm
Jazz Lab -Feb 4th at 1:30pm
Jazz Workshop Feb 4th at 10:30am
Look forward to seeing all of you out at the City High Cafeteria!
1) All-state auditions are this Saturday in Washington, IA. The bus leaves at 7:15am sharp, we will not wait for anyone. Every student must return the permission form. If you have not signed one, I have attached it to this e-mail message. Return the form tomorrow with you child. Remember students must not have anything that allows the judges to identify them name or school. This includes clothing, instrument cases, music, etc. There will be food items for sale, but students may also bring a sack lunch. Finally, all students that will not be traveling both to and from the auditions must provide a signed, written (hard copy) note from a parent stating in detail travel plans. If I do not have a completed form and necessary travel information, students will not participate in the auditions. Student must look nice for the auditions, no jeans, gym shoes, etc.
2) The annual sale of fruit, cheese and candy begins today. Students received brochures and information in all band classes today. Please ask your child if you do not receive the information.
3) Parking lot clean-up is this Sunday, Oct. 23. Same time and location. Beginning with this Sunday, the proceeds from the clean-ups will be divided among all students who worked more than the required four clean-ups.
4) Remember that class begins at 8:50am each day. Students must be on time.
Finally, my e-mail is still not working. I can receive messages, but not all sent messages go out. If you need me to reply to an message, please send the message to either Mary Mahaffa (email@example.com) or Ryan Arp (firstname.lastname@example.org). They forward them to me.
That’s all for now,